cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Nowhere to open Bloom on Neo4j version 1.2.8?

I am using Neo4j Desktop 1.2.8.1689.

According to https://neo4j.com/docs/bloom-user-guide/current/bloom-installation/, Neo4j Bloom client comes pre-packaged within Neo4j Desktop. Starting with Bloom 1.3, the Bloom client is enabled and ready to use in Desktop. In Neo4j Desktop 1.2.5 and prior versions, the Bloom client app can be added to any project. Starting with Desktop 1.2.6, you can find and directly run the Bloom app from the “Applications” sidebar drawer.

However, I cannot find the Bloom app from the "Applications" sidebar drawer, nor is it available for download in the app gallery? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

I had this same problem. I downloaded Neo4j 4.0 again and did a fresh installation. Bloom is now available from the Open menu.

I had the similar issue - but with version 1.2.9, what has helped me was to downgrade to 1.2.7 (Bloom is available there as well).
before "re-installation" I deleted Neo4j Desktop.app from the Applications and ~/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop folder.

I've tried 1.3.1 and 1.2.9 but can't see Bloom offered any where. I also can't find the 1.2.7 download available.

I wish there was clear, full-proof documentation about it. I've spent hours trying to activate Bloom.