cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4J community Edition on Raspberry Pi 3

Hi there,

I have just installed Neo4j community edition on my spare Raspberry Pi 3.
I want to fiddle around with some XML that I want to import and subsequently include in a webapp.
I believe I am in the right place for my inquieries 🙂

I have installed it, after I added the ppa without any problems and I can confirm that it is running.
Going to localhost:7474 leads me to the semi-familiar view from neo4j!
However, I do not want to work at my Pi but on my "working computer" - a better device, better keyboard etc. ...
I used to be able to go to any installed app, such as exist-db for example simply by installing and then typing the ip-adress and the port into my working machine browser. But with neo4j - community edition it does not work like this.
Is there a config that I need to change somehow?

As for my other question:

I have used XML and XSLT for storing and transforming data before. With neo4j supporting JSON, I guess I can simply export to JSON and write my transforms in html where I then include the js-objects?
Or is there a better way of doing it?
(I'll have about 400 data sets with certain properties, such as italizised text, tagged places etc. )

4 REPLIES 4

it could be that you have not enabled remote browser connections in conf/neo4j.conf. You dont state what version of Neo4j but in a 3.5.x neo4j.conf you will see a line similar to

#*****************************************************************
# Network connector configuration
#*****************************************************************

# With default configuration Neo4j only accepts local connections.
# To accept non-local connections, uncomment this line:
#dbms.connectors.default_listen_address=0.0.0.0

remove the leading # from the last line above, restart Neo4j and see if you can connect on http://:7474

Hi there and thanks for your help.
I actually tried to use this line before but as I owe some information:
I installed on raspbian following this article.
In the screenshot you may find my network connector configuration.

small edit:
I can successfully log into cypher shell that states the following:
2X_9_9e49562fb1cdd1a3ea203e326d39f0643a57a6e5.png

does your neo4j.conf include

dbms.connectors.default_listen_address=0.0.0.0

????

I am currently running neo4j instance on a raspberry pi and am struggling to access from another machine. I have been going through the steps of getting things working but keep hit this error:

WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure. Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems. If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use. WebSocket `readyState` is: 3