cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j CE and OWL 2

Hi Guys,

I have a project that uses a ontology, recently i read an article about neo4j and OWL and decided to use it, but because i have commercial purposes i need to use Community Edition.

Neo4j CE support OWL 2?

I'll use quarkus + neo4j : quarkus-neo4j, any help or reference is highly appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

If you're interested in using Neo4j together with OWL ontologies, have a look at this plugin:

CE doesn't support it out of the box but it can be added with this repo. There should be documentation there to help you along the way.

This is nice. I am also curious if there's a generic and simple way to directly load owl formatted ontologies into neo4j. For example the doid.owl Disease Ontology, provided in OWL format, as found at. http://www.obofoundry.org/ontology/doid.html.

Something that would work without detailed customazation on any of the obofoundry ontologies would be great, and would accelerate development of many interesting applications.

Elan

Hi Elan, there is, and it's described in the NSMNTX manual in the section on importing ontologies.

Also in the section on inferencing, you'll find an example that actually imports the NCBI Taxon ontology from the OBO foundry.

Hope this helps.

JB.

JB

THANK YOU!!!
I look forward to working through and implementing the suggestions and examples in NSMNTX. this is a long term personal interest project for me, and I really appreciate the pointers to the relevant resources

Cheers

Elan