cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j 4.0 problem with apoc

After upgrading to Neo4j 4.0.0, a problem is occurred when apoc is added to my dependencies. In a maven project with only a Main file with the following content:

package mypackage;

import org.neo4j.configuration.GraphDatabaseSettings;
import org.neo4j.configuration.connectors.BoltConnector;
import org.neo4j.dbms.api.DatabaseManagementService;
import org.neo4j.dbms.api.DatabaseManagementServiceBuilder;
import org.neo4j.graphdb.GraphDatabaseService;

import java.io.File;

public class Main {
	public static void main(String[] args) {
		        DatabaseManagementService managementService = new DatabaseManagementServiceBuilder( new File("c:\\temp" ))
                .setConfig( BoltConnector.enabled, true )
                .build();
        GraphDatabaseService graphDb = managementService.database( GraphDatabaseSettings.DEFAULT_DATABASE_NAME );
		System.out.println("test");
	}
}

if I only have neo4j 4.0.0 in my dependencies, I get no errors. But, when I add

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.neo4j.procedure</groupId>
            <artifactId>apoc</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.0.0</version>
        </dependency>

to my dependencies, I get:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting database server at ...
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/text/lookup/StringLookup

Here is my pom.xml: https://gist.github.com/shayantabrizi/8473df3aebb62077016a2d55203578c5

There seems to be a version conflict at commons-text (Its version is 1.2 in apoc, but the version used in neo4j-common seems to be 1.7).

I tried it in both Windows and Linux under Java 11.

4 REPLIES 4

intouch_vivek
Graph Steward

Hi,
try to run call apoc.help('apoc') in Neo4j. If it does not gives list of apoc function then it mean your APOC installation is not good.
https://neo4j.com/docs/labs/apoc/current/introduction/#installation

Regards
Vivek

This is not about Neo4j desktop. I want to use APOCs in Java. It used to work before upgrading Neo4j. Unfortunately, your answer does not seem to apply to my case.

Hi shayan,
did you solve the problem? I ran into an other problem with the apoc dependency does not even appear in the dependencies in eclipse.

regards
Thomas

Unfortunately, no! I stopped upgrading.