cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Load data from impala to neo4j

12kunal34
Graph Fellow

Hey Everyone,

i need some help in importing the data from impala to neo4j .
i have credentials of impala and i want my data in neo4j . could you all please help me and tell me the steps how i can do it.
i have millions of records in my tables and i know there is a apoc procedure apoc.load.jdbc
but i dont know how to use it. i had a look into APOC document as well but no clear understanding for me
please help

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Benoit
Graph Buddy

Hi,

Firstly you need to put the JDBC driver of impala into the plugin directory of Neo4j, and restart it.

Then, register the driver in neo4j with this query :
CALL apoc.load.driver("com.cloudera.impala.jdbc41.Driver");

And now you can use the apoc JDNC procedure like that :
CALL apoc.load.jdbc("jdbc:impala://MY_SERVER_IP:PORT/MY_DB","SELECT * FROM table" YIELD row ...

Hi Benoit,

thanks for your reply.
may i know please from where i can download this driver ??
is it opensource ??

Hi Benoit,

i tried as you suggested
but getting below error.

Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureCallFailed: Failed to invoke procedure `apoc.load.jdbc`: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Client

i am using below query

CALL apoc.load.jdbc("jdbc:impala://internal-edl-dev-ifgfgh-2.elb.amazbgff.com:21050/publish_test","SELECT * FROM student") YIELD row
RETURN row

please help me in this

Can you download this version of the driver instead : https://www.cloudera.com/downloads/connectors/impala/jdbc/2-5-45.html

Is this because of impala driver ??
Do we need more jars for this like thrift,metastore, hive service ,http client etc ??

Hey Benoit,

Getting below error now

Neo.ClientError.Procedure.ProcedureCallFailed: Failed to invoke procedure `apoc.load.jdbc`: Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException

one more question
where i need to set my username and password for impala ??

please help me

Yes it seems that the JDBC jar requires some additionals libraries ... byt I have found any trace of that in the cloudera documentation ....

But the version 2.5.45 includes a lot of jars ... that's why I have asked you to try it.

@Benoit ,

i ahve added all these jars from this version
after adding these jar my error messages is as in above comment.

could you please let me know what am i missing here .

12kunal34
Graph Fellow

Hi @stefan.armbruster @andrew.bowman @michael.hunger

Couuld you please help me in above issue
i need this for mu POC.