cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Label Propagation - Parallel Heuristics

geo
Node

Hey! I'm investigating the label propagation algorithm as implemented in Neo4J's graph data science library. I think it's notable that it's possible to set concurrency parameters, even though the original (Raghavan et al.) paper on Label propagation does not specify explicitly a parallel algorithm. Is there any documentation how the parallel implementation works? Is the Staudt&Meyerhenke (PLP) version of the algorithm used, or some sort of coloring preprocessing?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

I asked the team to give some more detail, but until then you can look at the code here:

https://github.com/neo4j/graph-data-science/blob/master/algo/src/main/java/org/neo4j/gds/labelpropag...

Thanks for this! I dug through the code a little bit, and it looks like the nodes are evenly split into batches, which are then processed in parallel with a normal majority vote as in standard label propagation. So this looks similar to PLP.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online