cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Import data from XML files

Hi everyone,
I am working on a project with the goal of improving the import of XML data into neo4j. Let say my XML file is the < book.xml > provided by Microsoft. based on the <book.xml file> I have to generate two Graphs and comprare their queries reponse times.
the first graph should be created using <apoc.xml.import("...")> (no transformation of the xml file before create nodes and relationships) and the second graph should be created using <apoc.load.xml("...")> (here, nodes and relationships should be created by myself).

my question here is there kind of graph-schema I have to apply to the second graph so that it could deliver best performance as the first one? In other words , does Neo4j has some preferred Graph-structure ?

For the explanation I used the XML file book.xml from Microsoft but actually I don't use it in my project , rather gbXML(Green Building XML). here for more about gbXML http://www.gbxml.org/.

Hoping in Feedback,
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

The graph schema depends on the kind of queries you want to run on your system.

There is some basic information available on modeling linked from

neo4j.com/developer/get-started

or more in the graph databases and other books

Hi michael.hunger,
thank you so much for your response , it is helping me a lot.
God bless you.