cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to view Cypher queries back for a database

Hello,

I have used Neo4J ETL tool and create a Neo4J database from Postgres SQL and this looks perfect. I can see all nodes, relationships, data, etc.

Now I want to see all the database file, the Cypher queries for all node and relationship creation along with different constraint applied to this database.

How can I view this? I can see database folder is empty for Neo4J home,

C:\Users\I.Neo4jDesktop\relate-data\dbmss\dbms-9cf178b6-f37f-4139-8b80-dadf0fa03866\data\databases

2nd question, can I generates graphql schema from the Cypher script using any tool or some mean?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Check out query logging and how to configure it. In the end, you'll get a logs/query.log file you can inspect.

@MD_AJMAL_YAZDANI
Also relative to your comment of

I can see database folder is empty for Neo4J home,

C:\Users\I.Neo4jDesktop\relate-data\dbmss\dbms-9cf178b6-f37f-4139-8b80-dadf0fa03866\data\databases

we would expect to see data at the data\databases<databaseName>\ path and the files are generally updated at time of database checkpoint which is by default every 15 mins or every 100k txns, whichever is first. So if for example you create 1000 nodes and then look to this path you presumably will not see a change in filesizes here. Once checkpoint runs, whether by the default schedule, or running call dbms.checkpoint(); the data is then written to disk

Thanks for the point. Appreciate and thanks!

Thanks and appreciate for the answer!

Hi Ajmal,
Could you please share how you created the database in neo4j from postgresql data. I have similar requirement, would love to try the same.
Thanks