cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to create an html link with cypher query using a variable

Sar
Node Link

Hello,
Is it possible to do something like this below to generate clickable links taking the user to my NEO4J web browser instance with a cypher code to be plugged in directly?

<a href='http://my.online.neo4j.browser.link/?cypher=CodeForCypher...variable...EndCode < /a>

I show the imaginary html link way of doing it above as an example how I would like it to work. Is there any way to program something that would take text from somewhere and plug it into the browser directly? I know my alternative is generating a Cypher code file and asking the user to download it and plug it into the browser; just checking if there is a more convenient way for the user.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

jo_nathan
Node Clone

Hi.
As far as I know: Neo4J Browser is for development purposes. What you want is not supported by it.

Most likely you'll want to build a visualization layer on top of your DB.
Skim this article.
Maybe NeoDash is right for you.
There are javascript libraries also.
Example (Article is 4 years old)

@Sar

Browser URL parameters - Neo4j Browser describes parameters you can pass on command line but do not see where we can pass a cypher statement