cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Graph algorithm to search and rank results

Hi everyone,

we have a specific use case, where we store catalog data of some products in a graph.
For some customers we do not have all of the attributes of an installed product but only a few ones. Using the known attributes we want a perform a search where the list of results is reduced but of course many products could still correspond to the input attributes. The next step would be to rank the results and order them by relevance. At the end only the first n results will be shown in the application.

Since I am new in this area I would kindly ask the experts for a recommendation.

Thanks and best regards,

Paul

1 REPLY 1

Hello, I'll try to reduce the question to a query, that I'll explain later:
MATCH (p:Products)
[WITH]
WHERE p.attribute = 'attribute_1' [OR|AND] p.attribute = 'attribute_2'
RETURN p.attribute ORDER BY p.attribute_for_relevance LIMIT number_of_row

The initial 'p' contains all item in the graph, then you can choose to insert WITH for eventually initial filter or naming setup entries. Filter with WHERE clause with use of OR or AND for filter for example. Finally the query is ORDER BY an eventual attribute of relevance and limitate result to an inserted integer number of row.
I have hit the problem right?