cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Failed to write to defunct connection Address

mike2
Node Clone

I have been trying to run my import script against my new Aura instance. Running the script takes about a minute against a local Neo4j Instance.

It was going for about 30 minutes without issue until I got this error message:
Exception ignored in: <function Driver.del at 0x7fb7a029b730>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neo4j/init.py", line 165, in del
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neo4j/init.py", line 192, in close
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 696, in close
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 681, in remove
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 540, in close
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 391, in send
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 388, in send
File "/Users/dramus/.virtualenvs/gtf/lib/python3.7/site-packages/neobolt/direct.py", line 414, in _send
neobolt.exceptions.ConnectionExpired: Failed to write to defunct connection Address(host='neo4j-core-XXXXXXXX-1.production-orch-0002.neo4j.io', port=7687) (Address(host='34.66.189.77', port=7687))

The CPU on the Aura instance was running 50-100% during the 30 minutes that the import was running.

There doesn't appear to be any sort of access to server logs or anything to show any errors on the server side.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Hi Mike,

I'll need to check the logs behind the scenes and will need some sensitive information from you to do that. Please open a support ticket at https://aura.support.neo4j.com/ and either I or one of my colleagues will follow up with you there. I would open the case for you but I don't know what your email address is, it's not available in your profile.

Thanks,
Cory