cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Execute the cypher query in neo4j browser from another web application

Currently we are executing cypher query on neo4j browser/interface using one tool. With the help of the tool we are able to insert the query(we included "\n" character at the end of the query) into the textbox of the neo4j browser/interface. "\n" character helps in executing the query. Tool is being used from my machine to open neo4j url/browser on the web.

Now we want to do the same - pass the query into the predefined neo4j url(browser) and execute the cypher query to generate the graph. We want to achieve this using APIs or any other methodologies, from our web based application.

Any help on this regard would be great.

Please let me know if any more information is required.

2 REPLIES 2

You could look into using selenium WebDriver to control open and interact with the browser

https://www.selenium.dev/selenium/docs/api/javascript/index.html

Selenium runs on the local machine that can be used to automate browser. But how can we achieve that through a website? I mean if a client visits our website, clicks a button, the automation process(inserting cypher query into the textbox of neo4j browser) should start. So we have the website on the server but we want to automate the process on the client machine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.