cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Error with Docker image 5.1 and Python driver

Hello,

I'm inserting some data into the DB using parallel request, using Python and joblib. The querys are pretty simple, I have an ID for a parent node, and a list of IDs for the child nodes. The query matches the parent node and using UNWIND goes through the child node list and insert them with a relation to the parent node. Nothing too fancy.

Now, at some point at random I get this little error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_common.py", line 55, in _yield_messages
    buffer.receive(sock, 2)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/packstream.py", line 605, in receive
    n = sock.recv_into(view[self.used:end], end - self.used)
OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/home/ubuntu/Projects/labs-re-dni/src/drivers/neo.py", line 281, in _write_arbitrary_query
    return tx.run(query)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/work/transaction.py", line 137, in run
    result._tx_ready_run(query, parameters, **kwparameters)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/work/result.py", line 70, in _tx_ready_run
    self._run(query, parameters, None, None, None, None, **kwparameters)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/work/result.py", line 114, in _run
    self._attach()
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/work/result.py", line 203, in _attach
    self._connection.fetch_message()
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_common.py", line 170, in inner
    func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_bolt4.py", line 286, in fetch_message
    details, summary_signature, summary_metadata = next(self.inbox)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_common.py", line 81, in __next__
    tag, fields = self.pop()
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_common.py", line 75, in pop
    return next(self._messages)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/_common.py", line 72, in _yield_messages
    self.on_error(error)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/__init__.py", line 544, in _set_defunct_read
    self._set_defunct(message, error=error, silent=silent)
  File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/DNI/lib/python3.10/site-packages/neo4j/io/__init__.py", line 556, in _set_defunct
    log.debug("[#%04X] %s", self.socket.getsockname()[1], error)
OSError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

And I have no idea what it means. I do know that if a I use the Neo4j Desktop this error doesn't happen so maybe the issue is with the Docker image. I start the container like this:

docker run --name neo4j -d -p7474:7474 -p7687:7687 --restart unless-stopped -v=/home/ubuntu/neo4j/data:/data -v /home/ubuntu/data:/var/lib/neo4j/import -v /home/ubuntu/neo4j/logs:/var/lib/neo4j/logs \
 -e NEO4J_AUTH=neo4j/test -e NEO4J_dbms_logs_http_enabled=true -e NEO4J_dbms_security_procedures_unrestricted=apoc.text.* \
 -e NEO4JLABS_PLUGINS='["graph-data-science","apoc"]' -e NEO4J_server_memory_heap_initial__size=3400m -e NEO4J_server_memory_heap_max__size=3400m \
 -e NEO4J_server_memory_pagecache_size=1700m neo4j:latest

I'm using the Community edition.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0