cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Database failed to start: DB [database-ee8e1c21-23d9-40fd-8a4e-02fd55a0d324] 'v4.1.0' exited with status 'KILLED'. Check the logs

OS- Windows 10
Version 1.2.7

7 REPLIES 7

In manage , logs section below logs I saw

2020-07-04 00:11:43.689+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j on dbms.connector.http.listen_address, a socket address. If missing port or hostname it is acquired from dbms.default_listen_address. Error starting Neo4j database server at C:\Users\dsahu.Neo4jDesktop\neo4jDatabases\database-ee8e1c21-23d9-40fd-8a4e-02fd55a0d324\installation-4.1.0\data\databases
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting Neo4j database server at C:\Users\dsahu.Neo4jDesktop\neo4jDatabases\database-ee8e1c21-23d9-40fd-8a4e-02fd55a0d324\installation-4.1.0\data\databases
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:198)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.build(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:158)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseManagementServiceFactory.createManagementService(EnterpriseManagementServiceFactory.java:38)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseBootstrapper.createNeo(EnterpriseBootstrapper.java:20)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:117)
at org.neo4j.server.NeoBootstrapper.start(NeoBootstrapper.java:87)
at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseEntryPoint.main(EnterpriseEntryPoint.java:25)
Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'Server[backup-server]' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Address already in use: bind".
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:463)
at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:110)
at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:189)
... 6 more

Thanks
Debasis

Before 1-2 month I installed desktop vesion on windows. Many times I restarted my system. Now whenever I try to start the database I see below message.

""Database failed to start: DB [database-ee8e1c21-23d9-40fd-8a4e-02fd55a0d324] 'v4.1.0' exited with status 'KILLED'. Check the logs ""

Can someone please help on this.

Thanks
Debasis

It seems there is some sort of IP address issue.

Address already in use: bind"

I have seen similar errors in cases where it turned out an instance of the server was already running.

Did you only use the Desktop version of did you install servers from outside the Desktop environment on this machine as well?

Hi @dsahu, did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing something similar

Same here.
Nothing's up in this port, just neo4j that don't want to launch...
I never found a way to mount a server with a running neo4j even using the same version and same configuration each time.

OK, changing the dbms.default_listen_address to 0.0.0.0 did the trick, no problem there with our previous instance. Might be due to AWS Elastic IP.

Check to see if there is a Neo4j service defined in the Windows Services and if it is set to start automatically. If there is a Windows service configured to be automatic, it will start on reboot and take the standard ports.