cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Data Importer connection to a specific Database in Enterprise instance

gq16
Node Clone

I want to use data importer to import some data into an Enterprise Neo4j+s instance that contains many databases. The data importer sends the data to the home/default database called "neo4j" every time, and I want it to be sent to a different database though. How can I do this?

Thanks,

GQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey, sorry for missing this.

There's a post over on our canny board that could help you out with a workaround while we build out multi-database support. Reposting here:

In the meantime there is a workaround you may want to consider. Data Importer uses the HOME database for the connected user and you have the facility to change your user's home database. Alternatively you can create new users with different default home database that can be used as a means to import into specific databases via username. For more info on setting home databases, see the docs here.

Thanks,

Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

amina
Node Link

Hi,

Thank you for posting this question, I have the same issue, did you find a solution to connect to a specific database with data importer ?

Thanks

@amina Unfortunately, I haven't yet. I really hope there is something way to do this in Neo4j DI😭
@gregory_king Are you able to provide some insight on this question?

Hey, sorry for missing this.

There's a post over on our canny board that could help you out with a workaround while we build out multi-database support. Reposting here:

In the meantime there is a workaround you may want to consider. Data Importer uses the HOME database for the connected user and you have the facility to change your user's home database. Alternatively you can create new users with different default home database that can be used as a means to import into specific databases via username. For more info on setting home databases, see the docs here.

Thanks,

Greg

Hi @gregory_king thanks for this solution. The workaround worked for me using Neo4j 4, but now that I am using Neo4j 5, I cannot change the home database, and the data importer keeps sending the data to "neo4j" the home database.

I wrote the full details of the problem here: https://community.neo4j.com/t5/neo4j-graph-platform/alter-user-set-home-database-does-not-work-on-ne...

Can you help me with this please? Thanks !

I just tried this quickly on a fresh 5.3.0 instance running in Desktop and it seemed to work. Does it happen for you on a newly created 5.3.0 instance too?

Hi! Thanks for your replay. Yes, a newly created one, I couldn't make it work but I was able to import the data in the database name that I wanted.

I ended up with this workaround: Importing data into 'neo4j' database using the data importer app and then copying 'neo4j' database to the one that I wanted.