cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Current best approach to programmatically bulk import data into Neo4j from Spark?

Hi,

I've been successfully able to use the neo4j-spark-connector to read graph data from Neo4j into Spark's dataframes. I now have a use case to write large amount of data from Spark back into Neo4j. Using the mergeEdgeList function, I successfully wrote back small amount of data into my graph in Neo4j. However, when tried with larger amount of data, I began running into the LockClient dead lock issue (I've found multiple instances of this reported).

2 questions:

1. Is using neo4j-admin import the best way to import/update large graphs in Neo4j currently?
  2. Are there alternatives? I prefer to process raw data with Spark, and write into Neo4j also from Spark to avoid intermediate csv files..etc.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @calkhoavu , I know it's been a while, but have you found any best practice to do this? I'm currently facing a similar problem