cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Connecting with bolt to secured database

Hi I am using org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-data-neo4j -> 2.2.3.RELEASE library to work with Neo4j. I am trying to connect to my database instance (4.1.0 version) via bolt driver. Via the browser it shows that bolt URI is bolt+s://some_address:7687 but in my spring yaml configuration I cant use that bolt+s prefix. So my question is how can I connect via bolt to secured database ? Is there any configuration property which I am missing or do I need to create driver instance manually ? Thanks in advance.

I tried to use only bolt://.... in my config but it throws this error:

Caused by: org.neo4j.driver.exceptions.ServiceUnavailableException: Connection to the database terminated. Please ensure that your database is listening on the correct host and port and that you have compatible encryption settings both on Neo4j server and driver. Note that the default encryption setting has changed in Neo4j 4.0.
1 REPLY 1

MuddyBootsCode
Graph Steward

With out seeing your code, this part may be the part of the error that's pertinent. There's now a requirement that you specify if encryption is on or off. There's probably a place in the docs where it shows what happens on the version update.