cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Can't start the existing database after updating to Neo4j Desktop 1.2.7

After update to Neo4j Desktop 1.2.7, I can't start the graph database(v4.0.2).
It shows :

Below is the logs:

Starting Neo4j. 2020-04-09 15:46:40.594+0000 INFO ======== Neo4j 4.0.2 ======== 2020-04-09 15:46:40.600+0000 INFO Starting... 2020-04-09 15:46:48.211+0000 INFO Called db.clearQueryCaches(): Query cache already empty. 2020-04-09 15:47:03.365+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@43caf97a' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Unable to register procedure, because the name apoc.schema.properties.distinctis already in use.". Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@43caf97a' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Unable to register procedure, because the nameapoc.schema.properties.distinctis already in use.". org.neo4j.server.ServerStartupException: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@43caf97a' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Unable to register procedure, because the nameapoc.schema.properties.distinctis already in use.". at org.neo4j.server.exception.ServerStartupErrors.translateToServerStartupError(ServerStartupErrors.java:45) at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:164) at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:114) at org.neo4j.server.ServerBootstrapper.start(ServerBootstrapper.java:89) at com.neo4j.server.enterprise.EnterpriseEntryPoint.main(EnterpriseEntryPoint.java:25) Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService@43caf97a' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Unable to register procedure, because the nameapoc.schema.properties.distinctis already in use.". at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:465) at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111) at org.neo4j.server.AbstractNeoServer.start(AbstractNeoServer.java:157) ... 3 more Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error starting database server at /Users/labfnp/Library/Application Support/Neo4j Desktop/Application/neo4jDatabases/database-84b28f58-90d5-4411-8b90-35b6af8cc37b/installation-4.0.2/data/databases at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:167) at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.build(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:145) at com.neo4j.server.database.EnterpriseGraphFactory.newDatabaseManagementService(EnterpriseGraphFactory.java:38) at org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabaseService.start(LifecycleManagingDatabaseService.java:88) at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:444) ... 5 more Caused by: org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component 'org.neo4j.procedure.impl.GlobalProceduresRegistry@2f5ac102' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "Unable to register procedure, because the nameapoc.schema.properties.distinctis already in use.". at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:465) at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport.start(LifeSupport.java:111) at org.neo4j.graphdb.facade.DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.startDatabaseServer(DatabaseManagementServiceFactory.java:158) ... 9 more Caused by: org.neo4j.internal.kernel.api.exceptions.ProcedureException: Unable to register procedure, because the nameapoc.schema.properties.distinct is already in use. at org.neo4j.procedure.impl.ProcedureRegistry.register(ProcedureRegistry.java:87) at org.neo4j.procedure.impl.GlobalProceduresRegistry.register(GlobalProceduresRegistry.java:143) at org.neo4j.procedure.impl.GlobalProceduresRegistry.register(GlobalProceduresRegistry.java:93) at org.neo4j.procedure.impl.GlobalProceduresRegistry.start(GlobalProceduresRegistry.java:345) at org.neo4j.kernel.lifecycle.LifeSupport$LifecycleInstance.start(LifeSupport.java:444) ... 11 more 2020-04-09 15:47:03.366+0000 INFO Neo4j Server shutdown initiated by request

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Oh, I find it seems APOC Plugins cause error.
After deleting it, database can start.
But it will shut down when I reinstall APOC.
Do someone also meet this problem?

Solution:
I deleted APOC from UI and plugins folder, it can wok now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Oh, I find it seems APOC Plugins cause error.
After deleting it, database can start.
But it will shut down when I reinstall APOC.
Do someone also meet this problem?

Solution:
I deleted APOC from UI and plugins folder, it can wok now.

hi william
i'm facing the same problem as you
i've deleted apoc plugin from neo4j desktop but the problem doesn't seem to be solved and i still can see apoc file in neo4j folder
any solutions please ?

Hello,
I directly deleted the file (the file in the project plugin folder). Then, reinstall it again.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online