cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Can't import an array of points and an array of dates using the bulk import tool

Hello,

I'm working on Neo4j 4.0.4.
I am making an attempt to import polygon data into the database. I was trying to import nodes with array of points property using CLI bulk import tool, but "Unable to parse header" error has been thrown at "point[ ]". The same happens with "date" type and probably other complex types too. I tried to import CSV file with following content:

:ID,points:point[],:LABEL
1,"{latitude: 10, longitude: 20}";"{latitude: 30, longitude: 40}",Test

Unfortunately, all I have managed to find in the docs is this:

Use one of int , long , float , double , boolean , byte , short , char , string , point , date , localtime , time , localdatetime , datetime , and duration to designate the data type for properties. If no data type is given, this defaults to string . To define an array type, append [] to the type.

Source: https://neo4j.com/docs/operations-manual/current/tools/import/file-header-format/

I'm not sure whether it is a bug or it was intended to perform this way, but I would be grateful for stating that more clearly in the docs.

Regards,
Ł

0 REPLIES 0