cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Automating data export in Aura

Hi, we have 2 instances of Aura running.
We want to sync 1 instance with the other every night. Is there any way to automate this process?
Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rajan,

At this time there is not an API in Aura that would allow for this kind of automation. Our engineers are planning on one, though we don't have a release date set for it. I encourage you to visit our feature request tracker and vote on this topic.

Also, in the future you can get quicker responses by submitting your request directly to our Aura support portal. There's no charge as the support is included with your Aura subscription.

Thanks,
Cory

Thank you. Is there any way to run a query to export data from Aura?

It's not Aura specific, but you could use the APOC export functions and export to CSV, JSON, Cypher, or GraphML. Keep in mind, you can't export to disk using APOC because you won't have access to the disks the Aura database is using. So be sure to use the {stream:true} option in the call to the function.

Thanks a lot. I am assuming, I can call APOC from a shell script?

APOC is our collection of procedures for Neo4j databases, including Aura. Not all APOC procedures are available in Aura, though. For a list of the ones that are please see our support center.

You can call APOC functions from cypher-shell, the browser, or within your application itself.

Thank you so much Cory. I'll give it a try.
Is there an official docker image for Cypher-shell?

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online