cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Adding properties to a relationship from Bloom editing interface?

Hello all,

I am trying to propose a way to directly use Bloom to enrich an enterprise knowledge graph.
There is almost all the needed actions for edition but I am not able from Bloom to add a property to a node or a relationships. I can only edit the value if the property already exist.

For the nodes there is a workaround by duplicating an existing one but not for the relationships.

Has anyone found a way to do so?

Another way that could be ok is if in a search phrase there is a way to modify a link but so far I can only have a RETURN clause working. I suppose this is the way it is intented to.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Stéphane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Stéphane

At the moment, there isn't any way from the UI to add a property to a relationship.

It would be possible with a search phrase, you can make it return the updated relationships for example like this:

match (n)-[r]-(m) where r.name = $param1 set r += {test: $param2} return n, r, m

I you want to be able to control the name of the param from the search phrase as well you might need to use an apoc procedure though

Cheers,
Jens

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I was able to add properties in Bloom.

1. Created a new node
  2. Inspect node

1. You can add properties that already existed in the original graph

1. Unfortunately you cannot yet add new properties (name + types) that didn't exist in the original graph/perspective

Hello Michael,

Thanks a lot.

This is very helpful.
Is there a similar action to perform when this property we want to add is on a relationship?

Thanks and regards,

Stéphane

Hi Stéphane

At the moment, there isn't any way from the UI to add a property to a relationship.

It would be possible with a search phrase, you can make it return the updated relationships for example like this:

match (n)-[r]-(m) where r.name = $param1 set r += {test: $param2} return n, r, m

I you want to be able to control the name of the param from the search phrase as well you might need to use an apoc procedure though

Cheers,
Jens

Thanks a lot Jens, that's already a good work around.

Have a great day