cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Thomas Frisendal - Visual Data Modeler and Graph Data Architect

thomasf
Node Clone

I am an experienced database professional with more than 30 years on the IT vendor side and as an independent consultant. I have worked with databases and data modeling since the late 70s. Since 1995 primarily on data warehouse projects, but today I work mostly with graph database technology. I have a strong urge to visualize everything as graphs - also datamodels.

What drives me most is turning data into information and knowledge. My approach to information-driven analysis and design can be called "New Nordic" in the sense that I aim to exploit traditional Nordic ambitions such as superior quality, functionality, reliability and innovation; looking for new ways of communicating the structure and meaning of the business context.

A consultant by heart: I provide consulting, reviews and recommendations to data-driven projects:

> Business information analysis and design, incl. metadata and business vocabularies

> Data architecture

> Data modeling, not least graph models

> Database technologies (today mostly Neo4j)

But I am also an active reader, speaker and author:

2016: "Graph Data Modeling for NoSQL and SQL - Visualize Structure and Meaning" on Technics Publications.

2017: "Visual Design of GraphQL Data" on leanpub.com. (On hold, will reappear soon on Apress).

2012: "Design Thinking Business Analysis - Business Concept Mapping Applied" on Springer.

I blog on Dataversity (http://www.dataversity.net/author/thomas-frisendal/) and a few other places.

I live in Copenhagen, close to the airport, and I can see Malmö on the other side of the Öresund!

Always interested in feedback and forward-looking creativity!

3 REPLIES 3

I'd be interested to hear if you ever worked with IDMS. Welcome to the forum Thomas !

P.S. Do come visit the Neo4j office. Saga has cleared the area so the bridge is quite safe to pass now.

thomasf
Node Clone

Hi Tom, Yes, I worked for the Scandinavian distributor(s) of IDMS for 6 years. And after that another 6 years for CA in the Nordics (they bought IDMS and me ). I would love to come see the Malmö office. I always feel safe when Saga is around.
See you in Düsseldorf!

Hi Thomas!!! Welcome & so happy you joined us! 🙂

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online