cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Difference between n10s.rdf.import.fetch method and n10s.onto.import.fetch method

What is the difference between importing ontologies using n10s.rdf.import.fetch method and importing using n10s.onto.import.fetch method?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,
I am quite new to all of this but if you have a look a the neosemantics documentation you will find how every element in your input data is transformed. I made a quick table for me to have a better overview of the two impor.fetch procedures:

2X_c_cc8df3fc81825e9d18685749ca84070390bd888f.png

I think the usage is different and I will try to write the following triples (Why not if we are talking about ontologies):

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch imports RDF Data into neo4j

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch does not import the vocabulary (maybe it could but I don't think you need it)

• n10s.rdf.import.fetch imports the individuals

• n10s.onto.import.fetch import an ontology into neo4j

• The Usage of n10s.onto.import.fetch is different than n10s.rdf.import.fetch

Maybe my statements are wrong so let's wait for the experts to clarify.

I think you can import your rdf data into a property graphs database (rdf.import.fetch) or you can import your ontology and implement a knowledge graph using neo4j (ontology.import.fetch).

Best regards,

Paul

What @paulhernandez is mostly correct.
The rdf.import methods import every single triple in your RDF, whereas the onto.import select only some elements and persist them in a simplified form in the graph.
You have a description in the manual of the details of this: https://neo4j.com/labs/neosemantics/4.0/importing-ontologies/

JB