cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

/var/lib/neo4j/certificates/neo4j.key (Permission denied)

Hi All,

A couple of months ago, I've used create_initial_cores.sh (from neo4j-docker.zip) to create core1, core2 and core3 containers. And it was working fine.

Today, trying to restart these containers I had an error. So, I've deleted all docker containers and network and deleted all directories.
Then I've re-extracted all files from neo4j-docker.zip and re-run ./create_initial_cores.sh 78f71836f2e5

But I still get the same error when trying to start the 3 core containers:

2020-03-16 14:34:06.128+0000 ERROR Failed to start Neo4j: Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@695a69a1' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "/var/lib/neo4j/certificates/neo4j.key (Permission denied)". Starting Neo4j failed: Component 'org.neo4j.server.database.LifecycleManagingDatabase@695a69a1' was successfully initialized, but failed to start. Please see the attached cause exception "/var/lib/neo4j/certificates/neo4j.key (Permission denied)".

Before that the containers stop, I can connect and see that this file is present:

# docker exec -it core2 bash
bash-4.4# ls -la /var/lib/neo4j/certificates/neo4j.key
-rw-------    1 root     root          1704 Mar 13 11:45 /var/lib/neo4j/certificates/neo4j.key

Do you have any idea of what is going wrong?

Regards,
Patrick

2 REPLIES 2

Can you try installing the docker image again?

I haven't used it in a while and when I did: docker pull neo4j:3.5.0-enterprise, it downloaded a bunch of things. Perhaps a new cert is in the latest image?

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Thanks a lot. It is now working after image re-installation.

Patrick

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online