cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Self paced training

Who do you contact if you have a problem with the self paced training, namely the finding Emil Eifrem test in the the Cypher Fundamentals course

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @andrew.robson and welcome to the Community!

What is your problem with the exercise?

To perform the query, you use:

MATCH (p:Person) WHERE p.name = 'Emil Eifrem'
RETURN p

Elaine

Elaine,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I have now manged to resolve the problem. But another one has just surfaced. I am doing the Graph Data Modelling Fundamentals course and in Creating More Relationships test my sand box has dropped out.

3X_7_7_77c98e6e42a967991aaaed3788bf4d18440d29e8.png

Elaine

I have completed all the test in the Graph Data Modelling Fundamentals models bar one the final test Adding a Role Node test. And I am totally lost on how to complete this test. Could you offer any advice?

Many thanks

Hello Andrew,

Please try logging out of the course, refreshing your browser and logging back in.

Do you have a good Internet speed?

Elaine

Elaine,

It’s come back,

Many thanks for the quick response

Hello @andrew.robson,

The instructions say:
Write and run refactor code to:

. Find an actor that acted in a Movie (MATCH (a:Actor)-[r:ACTED_IN]-(m:Movie))
. Create (using MERGE) a Role node setting it's name to the role in the ACTED_IN relationship.
. Create (using MERGE) the PLAYED relationship between the Actor and the Role nodes.
. Create (using MERGE) the IN_MOVIE relationship between the Role and the Movie nodes.
. Remove the role property from the ACTED_IN relationship (set it to null)

Here is the code:

MATCH (a:Actor)-[r:ACTED_IN]-(m:Movie)
MERGE (x:Role {name: r.role})
MERGE (a)-[:PLAYED]->(x)
MERGE (x)-[:IN_MOVIE]->(m)
SET r.role = null

Elaine

Elaine,

Many thanks

I was having the exact same problem. I made it through the course without much of an issue until this very last test. I knew it was probably a simple query as you've shown here, but I couldn't come up with it. My first thought was to use "apoc.merge.node" or something but that was never mentioned before.

I just didn't realize that r.role was so easy to pass into the merge clause as you've shown it. Just need more practice.

Minor thing on the Graph Data Modeling beginners course: they misidentify a couple of things in the section "Purpose of the model" as camelCase. This is particularly confusing when the video differentiates "CamelCase" from "camelCase" when referring to recommended naming conventions for labels and properties respectively. This should be clarified by using:

PascalCase - The first letter of each word is capitalized
camelCase - The first letter of the first word is not capitalized.

Hello @jarrod.pirtle ,

Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the info. We will make it clearer.

Elaine