cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Neo4j schema

OmarHamdy
Node Clone

I have created schema (graph model) for my Neo4j database using Hacolade, is this schema just for domain knowledge or we can upload this schema to Neo4j and we can apply Hacolade schema validations and restrictions to Neo4j ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello @OmarHamdy ,

You can add whatever node labels, relationship types, and properties to your nodes and relationships per your application requirements. You can add constraints to the graph to help control what is valid data (uniqueness and existence).  Whatever validations your application requires is up to you. Neo4j does not know anything about Hacolade schema validations.

Elaine

View solution in original post

Exactly.

Neo4j is a "schemaless" database. The only restrictions are those placed by your application or constraints defined.

Elaine

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @OmarHamdy ,

You can add whatever node labels, relationship types, and properties to your nodes and relationships per your application requirements. You can add constraints to the graph to help control what is valid data (uniqueness and existence).  Whatever validations your application requires is up to you. Neo4j does not know anything about Hacolade schema validations.

Elaine

Hello @elaine_rosenber  

You mean Neo4j is just dealing with instance model (Data not schema) directly without Node predefinition 

for example : I don't need to tell Neo4j that Person Node consists of specific properties  , I start creating Node with label person for Omar (for example) and give it all Omar properties with values  directly

Right ? 

Exactly.

Neo4j is a "schemaless" database. The only restrictions are those placed by your application or constraints defined.

Elaine

Thank you so much