cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How do you use the sandbox?

nilamo
Node Link

I feel kind of dumb asking this, but it doesn't seem to do anything? 

Here: https://graphacademy.neo4j.com/courses/cypher-fundamentals/1-reading/2-c-read-nodes/

I see "Connecting to Sandbox" with a loading icon.  Then it pulls up a grey screen with a text field at the top with "`MATCH (p:PERSON) RETURN p.name" in the box.  I hit the blue arrow (presumably to run the query), and the query vanishes, with apparently nothing else happening.  There's no activity in the network tab, so unless the query is running locally (or using a websocket), it's not even trying to run a query.

I'm on Windows 10, Firefox 104.0.2, but have also tried Chrome and Windows 11 and saw the same pattern.  I've also disabled ad block and tried that way.

So... am I not using it right?  Did it never actually connect like it said it was trying to?  Does it only support some weird browser like IE?  What else should I try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Does a Web browser refresh do the trick? You must see the $neo4j prompt for the query to execute. We have users who use a sorts of Web browsers with no problem, but a handful do and we have not been able to reproduce the problem on our end. Is there a firewall or VPN that is interfering?

Another thing you can do is to sign in to sandbox.neo4j.com and open Neo4j Browser for the Movies sandbox which is the one used for the Cypher Fundamentals course. You should be able to execute your  queries there.

Elaine

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Does a Web browser refresh do the trick? You must see the $neo4j prompt for the query to execute. We have users who use a sorts of Web browsers with no problem, but a handful do and we have not been able to reproduce the problem on our end. Is there a firewall or VPN that is interfering?

Another thing you can do is to sign in to sandbox.neo4j.com and open Neo4j Browser for the Movies sandbox which is the one used for the Cypher Fundamentals course. You should be able to execute your  queries there.

Elaine

Refreshing the browser did not solve the issue.  The only prompt I see is a "$", no other characters or symbols.

I don't use a vpn, or a firewall (aside from the Windows Firewall [and disabling it didn't solve the issue]). 

HOWEVER.  I went directly to sandbox.neo4j.com, logged in, answered a couple questions, created the Movies database, then went back to graphacademy.neo4j.com, refreshed the page, and the sandbox iframe is now working as expected.  If it helps to debug the issue, I'm using a Google oauth social login for both.

I faced the same issue and the above solution worked perfectly.

I experienced exactly the very same than @nilamo mentioned (with both Safari/Firefox), resolved the same way they mentioned.

I'm using my email address for login.

nilamo
Node Link

removed and moved to a reply