cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Graph Academy: Importing CSV Data : Data Importer

I am in the section using the Neo4j Data Importer (https://graphacademy.neo4j.com/courses/importing-data/2-using-data-importer/2-c-importing-CSV/)and looks like the check database function is not working correctly. Even on an empty database its throws JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data. I have done the steps correctly multiple times and it does not validate. I have terminated the sandbox and started from an fresh one as well.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Mil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue with "Unexpected token" has been fixed.

Elaine

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

I'm having this issue as well

I can reproduce the problem. We are looking into it.

Elaine

Something similar in my case. Not possible to validate results after importing. Queries are ok.

Tks

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 15.21.10.png

The issue with "Unexpected token" has been fixed.

Elaine

Tks for this, but I am facing another issue. Seems not possible to validate, even with queries ok.

I already run 2 times all steps.

Tks

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 15.46.41.png

Does this code return True? If not then there is a problem with what you mapped for the import:

CALL apoc.meta.nodeTypeProperties( )  YIELD nodeType, propertyName, propertyTypes
WITH collect([ nodeType+'.'+propertyName, propertyTypes ]) AS nodeProperties
WITH
all (condition IN [
// Renamed Properties
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.tmdbId' | pair[1] = ['Long'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.imdbId' | pair[1] = ['Long'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.poster' | pair[1] = ['String'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.url' | pair[1] = ['String'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Person`.tmdbId' | pair[1] = ['Long'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Person`.imdbId' | pair[1] = ['Long'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Person`.poster' | pair[1] = ['String'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Person`.url' | pair[1] = ['String'] ],
// Converted Data Types
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.revenue' | pair[1] = ['Long'] ],
[ pair IN nodeProperties WHERE pair[0] = ':`Movie`.budget' | pair[1] = ['Long' ]]
] WHERE condition[0] = true) AS nodes

WITH nodes
CALL apoc.meta.relTypeProperties( ) yield relType, propertyName, propertyTypes
WHERE relType = ":`RATED`"
AND propertyName = "rating"
AND "Long" in propertyTypes
WITH nodes, count(*) as c
RETURN nodes AND count(*) = 1 as outcome

Thank you , for me the function worked correctly and i am able to complete the section. Thank you again ..

Looks like the version of cypher was updated, the function is not worked as of now

budisatrio85_0-1675327647427.png

Edit: Thank you for the quick action, it is now solved. Works perfect

Hi Elaine. Returns null for me...

Don't see where is the error. Data importer shows everything in green, import results shows "import completed without errors"... any thoughts?

tks

Is is possible that your db had nodes in it before you did the import?
Try:

create or replace database neo4j

before you do the import.

My db didn't have any nodes, but I had to delete blank sandbox db and recreate another one. Then, after all steps I have succeed to go through validation in academy.

tks

Hello, I'm afraid this issue happened again. I have dropped the sandbox and recreate again then importing the csv, but the result is still error "Unexpected token"

Sorry for the inconvenience!

The sandboxes for our courses have been upgraded to Neo4j 5.4 which caused this problem.

We have updated the course and it should now work for you.