cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Cypher Fundamentals

Hi,

Just starting on Cypher Fundamentals on an iMac(if that is relevant)

Attempting the "Retrieving a Node" section. 

Having entered answers a number of times, I resorted to trying the provided solution hint, in desperation, but still no output in Sandbox screen. 

I am stuck therefore can't go any further with the courses. Please advise.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

If you think something is wrong with the sandbox, you can delete it and a new one will be created the next time you resume the course.  

https://sandbox.neo4j.com

View solution in original post

I have taken your advise. Started the Sandbox and re-ran the query and it works.

The problem is that I was led to believe that I should enter my query on the automatic browser window that was created alongside the question. This clearly does not appear to work.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

glilienfield
Ninja
Ninja

Can you provide the link to the question.  Also, what is your query. 

The answer is 1958 and here is the query. 

MATCH (p:Person {name: "Kevin Bacon"})
RETURN p.born AS answer

is this the question you are answering. 

Yes.

that is the query suggested by the hint.

Unfortunately, when I entered the query in the browser window attached to query noting happens and I get no return answer

I suspect it the problem has something to do with access to the sandbox via the included browser window.

If you think something is wrong with the sandbox, you can delete it and a new one will be created the next time you resume the course.  

https://sandbox.neo4j.com

I have taken your advise. Started the Sandbox and re-ran the query and it works.

The problem is that I was led to believe that I should enter my query on the automatic browser window that was created alongside the question. This clearly does not appear to work.

Thanks for your help.

We do have some users who do not see the $neo4j prompt in the embedded sandbox for the course. Sometimes it takes a while to appear as it is waiting to connect to the sandbox instance. Sometimes refreshing the page will allow it to appear. Worst case scenario is to go to the sandbox.neo4j.com site and open a Neo4j Browser for the sandbox for the course.  The Cypher Fundamentals course uses the Movie sandbox.

Elaine