cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Can't run code in the GraphAcademy Sandbox

Is there some issue with the Sandbox for Graph Academy? Any time that I try to run a command in the sandbox, the command simply clears and I don't get any output. Same response both by clicking the blue "play" button and hitting enter. 

Here's a quick video of the error.

So far I've:
- Disabled all adblocking for the GraphAcademy site
- Reproduced in Chrome, Safari and Firefox 
- Signed out and in again
- Reproduced in incognito mode

What am I missing here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Following up for anyone else that may be encountering this issue. @luiseduardo's comment got me on the right track. When logging in to the GraphAcademy site I used the "sign in with LinkedIN" feature, a sign in feature that was not available for the Neo4j Sandbox. If someone else encounters this issue, here's how I solved it.

1. Create a new account by logging into the Neo4J sandbox directly https://sandbox.neo4j.com/ To simplify things, I used a username & password account rather than any social sign in.
  2. Spin up an arbitrary sandbox and confirm you can connect via the web portal in the Neo4j Sandbox
  3. Log into the Neo4j Graph Academy using the same user created for the Neo4j Sandbox.

Ultimately it looks like the issue was a mismatch between valid users for the Neo4j Sandbox and Neo4j Graph Academy. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I suggest you access with a developer console to see if anything else is being blocked. GraphAcademy site is different from sandbox site. I recommend you make sure nothing from neo4j.com is blocked.

Elaine

Hello, I'm facing the same issue.

Could you please describe how to access with a developer console?

Thanks

In Chrome:
View > Developer > JavaScript Console

Hi @bhering !

A colleague of mine faced the same issue and we managed to get it working by logging into Neo4j Sandbox (create an account with the same email of the course; though, I'd think sso should take care of it), and reloading the course web page. It is quite odd, but that did the trick!

I hope this works for you!  

I'm facing the same issue. It was working for a while (after I restarted browser several times and logged out/in). 
I managed to get to the last Challenge 'Deleting Emil' of 'Cyber Fundamentals' before I hit the same issue again.

I tried this solution, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I was able to use the workaround of executing the commands in the sandbox instead of the GraphAcademy.

This worked for me.

Following up for anyone else that may be encountering this issue. @luiseduardo's comment got me on the right track. When logging in to the GraphAcademy site I used the "sign in with LinkedIN" feature, a sign in feature that was not available for the Neo4j Sandbox. If someone else encounters this issue, here's how I solved it.

1. Create a new account by logging into the Neo4J sandbox directly https://sandbox.neo4j.com/ To simplify things, I used a username & password account rather than any social sign in.
  2. Spin up an arbitrary sandbox and confirm you can connect via the web portal in the Neo4j Sandbox
  3. Log into the Neo4j Graph Academy using the same user created for the Neo4j Sandbox.

Ultimately it looks like the issue was a mismatch between valid users for the Neo4j Sandbox and Neo4j Graph Academy.