cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

BoltConnectionError in Academy

I'm in the middle of a GraphAcademy course.
I get "BoltConnectionError No connection found, did you connect to Neo4j?" in the sandbox.

I have no idea what this means, and I don't recall connecting to anything?

I'm afraid this isn't very helpful or useful for a learner.
There is no indication of what to do to get out of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try to input
:server connect
on the sandbox. Your $ will change to neo4j$, and you will be connected to your database.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try to input
:server connect
on the sandbox. Your $ will change to neo4j$, and you will be connected to your database.

Hello @juliamizarela and @nzskiwi . Welcome to the community!

Hopefully you were able to connect to the sandbox server ($neo4j prompt appears).

In some cases when there is a dropped connection, you can simply refresh the page and the connection will be re-established.

Elaine

I am getting error while connecting to the sandbox as provided for the course

rashidquamar_0-1654793284039.png

me too, so how you fix it?

If you see "connection unavailable" there are 2 possibilities:
1. Your Browser/Firewall/VPN is preventing access to sandbox.neo4j.com which is something you must address on your end. Can you access the sandbox via sandbox.neo4j.com?
2. The sandbox is no longer running because it expires after 3 days. Try clearing your Browser cookies and reload the GraphAcademy page. This will recreate the sandbox instance for this Challenge. It will take a minute or so for you to see the $neo4j prompt, meaning that you are connected.