cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

what does the code in the file names represent?

elias_eychouh
Node Clone

In file explorer a projects file name example is: 

project-93cd8e48-9883-4eeb-a35f-427dc36dec52 

And the correlated DBMS is:

dbms-27120917-441f-4288-aa25-8fc440926551

I only know they are correlated because I only have one project and one DBMS. Is there a way to actually tell if they are correlated by their file names, or maybe a different way? What does the hexadecimal code lookalikes in the file names actually represent?

edit: seems to be an UUID, is there a way to see the association between a project & DBMS through that?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @elias_eychouh,

The project name is something that you can decide on, while the correlated dbms to that project name has a dbms+hex_value as a name. This correlation is not visible to the enduser as far as I know, and therefore you have to go from project name to dbms folder.

Hi,

when you are in Neo4j Desktop, you can click on the three dots at the far right and navigate to "Open folder" -> "DBMS" (see screenshot) to get to the folder that belongs to your selected project:

elena_kohlwey_0-1655446171213.png

This will open the dbms folder in the background and you can always know which project belongs to which dbms folder.

Regards,
Elena

elias_eychouh
Node Clone

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

Sorry for not completely clarifying, but I am building an app that needs to find the correlation between projects and DBMS so I can create a textbox to list the projects and their respective DBMS inside of them. 

The thing is that, while disregarding Neo4j Desktop I can't seem to find a solution that would associate them to eachother. Not with the help of UUID's or the JSON files in their respective directories. 

All of the DBMS are mixed up with eachother (no matter if its in the same project) in this ex. default directory: 

V:\Neo4jDB\relate-data\dbmss