cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Show DBMS current status

Is there any way to get the current online/offline status of a DBMS? Similar to how the cypher query "show databases" can get the current status of databases in a DBMS.

It doesn't have to be through cypher. I just cant find a way to get the current status of a DBMS for my custom c# application. 

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @elias_eychouh 😀

If Neo4j is installed as service on your server, you can have the status of the DBMS with systemctl status service on Linux and bin\neo4j status on Windows.

Regards,
Cobra

Hmmm, unfortunately it's not. Thanks for the idea though.

Can it be in Cypher or not at all?

elias_eychouh
Node Clone

I'm not certain, because I want to check the status of all dbms continuously/in synergy with neo4j desktop. What did you have in mind though? Could be interesting.

I was thinking about the SHOW DATABASES command you can execute from the system database.

elias_eychouh
Node Clone

I'm already familiar with "SHOW DATABASES" which doesn't show the status of a DBMS only its databases. Only way to find out if a dbms is online is if you run queries against it through the neo4j driver. And thats not optimal for my application. The user has to keep track themselves what dbms is online on neo4j desktop.

It would be nice if relate.dbms.json file had the status of its respective dbms or something similar. 

Thanks though.

You could just send a query like this:

RETURN 1