cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Password Help

dhall54
Node Link

I am trying to utilize Neo4J in either R or Python. I have downloaded Version 4.2.1 and I know that for the neo4r package that I need to use an older version of Neo4J like 3.5.x. I have followed someone's instructions to change the version when I add a DBMS. However, I am unable to find the password or change the password. Every time, I use "neo4j" or "password" as the password I receive errors such as "Database failed to create: Error: Could not change password" or that "Database failed to create: Error: DBMS with name "Graph DBMS c9db202c" already exists". Can you please help me?

1 REPLY 1

if this is 3.5.x then either

a. username/password details are recorded on the file system at $NEO4J_HOME/data/dbms/auth file. Simply delete/rename said file and on startup it will recreate the file with a default username/password of neo4j/neo4j

b. disable authentication by editting $NEO4J_HOME/conf/neo4j.conf and set dbms.security.enabled=false and then restart Neo4j

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online