cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

New Windows Server on AWS - Slow login times and time outs

neil
Node Link

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to neo4j and working for a start-up company.

I've just installed Neo4j enterprise edition on an AWS EC2 instance (r4.xlarge) which has 4vCPUs and 30.5GiB of RAM on Windows Server 2019 Datacentre.

I've allowed it to connect remotely, and the Browser loads in my web browser on my laptop and logs in, but it is very slow to login, taking about 5 mins.

We have a very small graph which I've loaded onto the server (250 nodes, 400 connections) but this doesn't load remotely.

When I try : MATCH (n) RETURN n LIMIT 250

I get:

SessionExpired

WebSocket connection failure. Due to security constraints in your web browser, the reason for the failure is not available to this Neo4j Driver. Please use your browsers development console to determine the root cause of the failure. Common reasons include the database being unavailable, using the wrong connection URL or temporary network problems. If you have enabled encryption, ensure your browser is configured to trust the certificate Neo4j is configured to use. WebSocket readyState is: 3

I've tried this on both Edge and Chrome. When I go to the server address xx.xx.xx.xx/7474 it loads quickly, its the login and querying which takes a long time.

The only changes I've made to the conf file are:
dbms.connectors.default_listen_address=0.0.0.0
dbms.memory.heap.initial_size=8g
dbms.memory.max_size=24g

Does anyone have any experience of something similar or any ideas of what I could try to fix this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

neil
Node Link

Although interestingly it seems to work well using Neo4J Desktop. Bizarre!

sameerG
Graph Buddy

@anthapu I agree with you.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online