cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to share Neo4j database

Hey all,

I have been following the following guide to try to download my neo4j database to send to other employees in my company: Back up an offline database - Operations Manual

I have tried the following and a few other iterations, but nothing seems to work, so I'm thinking I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES 15

Siva_S
Node Link

@jhayes8552

Can you try check by issuing the below command to have offline backup ?

neo4j-admin dump --database=neo4j --to=/dumps/neo4j/LabData.dump

Thanks

Same sort of error message:

@jhayes8552
see Back up an offline database - Operations Manual

and to which it should be

neo4j-admin dump --database=<databaseName> --to=<path or resultant dump file>

Ok is my database name my "project" or is it the name below that, see here?

3X_0_7_07bf044bcd0315775888dc76709073361e643795.png

Also: if it is offline, as it states in the guide you linked, where would I type in these codes? Sorry about the dumb questions.

@jhayes8552

where would I type in these codes?

what codes?

the value for --database= is the name of the database and not the project. If you are connected to Neo4j browser and if you run show databases; this will list the databases within the project

Gotcha.

I have these databases:

I would like to download the neo4j (which is where I've done my work, since system is a metadata file) into a dump file.

I then typed this code:
neo4j-admin dump --database=neo4j --to=/dumps/neo4j/Lab.dump

and got this as a result:

Is it the "--to=/dumps/neo4j/LAB_DBS.dump" part of my code? This seems to be the same problem I have been having throughout.

Try this: 
bin/neo4j-admin dump --database=neo4j --to=data/dumps/neo4j.dump

The same error message comes up as all the others;

Is there something that I should put before this? Or am I missing something else?

@jhayes8552

the neo4j-admin command is to be run at the command line of the OS (i.e. linux or windows) and not a command you can run from the Neo4j Browser. From the screenshot it appears you are running this from the Neo4j Browser.

Yes I'm sorry. I'm pretty new to the Neo4j system (and why I put the question in the Newbie Questions subcategory)

Where would I go to type the query in?

Sorry again about all the questions!

@jhayes8552 open the command prompt from your Windows machine then navigate to the directory /bin folder under neo4j installer, from there you can try execute the command, as suggested by @dana.canzano. Hope this helps you to take offline backup !!!

I've never been able to get this command to work. Windows doesn't recognize the command so I'm wondering if there were some environment variables not set during installation.

@mbandor

I have my install at

c:\Neo Kits\4.3.2\neo4j-enterprise=4.3.2\

if I cd to said dir and then to subdirectory bin and then run

.\neo4j-admin.bat dump --database=neo4j --to=neo4j.dump

then a file named neo4j.dump is created at

c:\Neo Kits\4.3.2\neo4j-enterprise=4.3.2\

I just checked my installation and I don't have a bin directory. I'm running the Community edition of the Neo4j Desktop with a local database.

Okay, I found the bin directory, just not in the place I expected it to be. I didn't realize the command was a batch file. I was looking for an executable.

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online