cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to fetch list items as column names and get cumulative count for every column

amritanshu1912
Node Link

My neo4j relationships look something like....

(city:City {name:'city_name'})
-[:Has_Club]->
(c:Club {name:"ABC"})
-[:Has_Member]->
(p:Person{
    name:"XYZ",
    joinDate:'date_ in_datetime_format'
})

So for one particular city, I want to produce a record of member_count(cumulative) for every club related to city. I am trying to produce a record something like...

/    day     clubA   clubB   clubC   
1.   date1     2       3       3     
2.   date2     3       5       3     
3.   date3     4       7       6     

I googled something and implemented this query mentioned below

match  
      (city:City{name:"city_name"})
        -[:Has_Club]->
        (club:Club)
        -[:Has_Member]->
        (p:Person)

with p.joinDate as jd, club
        return date(jd) as day, count(*), club.name  
order by day

But with this query, I am getting record which has column name as 'day', 'count' and 'clubName'.

/       day     count    clubName 
1      date1     12       clubA
2      date2     31       clubB
3      date3      9       clubA

What do I need to change to see 'day' and club_Names as columns and make member_count add up in successive rows for that particular club.

5 REPLIES 5

Not sure what you are asking for about the columns.  Are the three columns, 'day', 'count', and 'clubName' ok?  Are you looking for a running total per club over time, such as

/       day     total    clubName 
1      date1     12       clubA
2      date2     31       clubB
3      date3     21       clubA

amritanshu1912
Node Link

no the columns i want are 'day',  'clubA' , 'clubB' , clubC and more club columns if they exist

/    day     clubA   clubB   clubC   
1.   date1     2       3       3       
2.   date2     3       5       3        
3.   date3     4       7       6        

So if you look at clubA column, 2 members have joinDate as date1 so total members which belong to club A at date1 are 2, then on date2 one more member got added to clubA , so on date2 total number of members  that belong to clubA are 3 (i.e. 2+1), same goes for date3 and clubB. But if you look at clubC on date1 only 3 members got added but on date2 there was  no addition in clubC so on date2 the members' count doesn't increase and remains 3 on date2. On date3  3 members were added to clubC so total members belonging to clubC by the  end of date3 was 6(i.e. 3+3).

@glilienfield Any help would be highly appreciated

Try this. It works for a fixed know set of club names. You need to substitute with your specific names, where I have 'A', 'B', and 'C'.

match (club:Club)-[:Has_Member]->(p:Person)
with p.joinDate as jd, club.name as club, count(p) as dailyClubCount
with collect(distinct jd) as dates, collect({date: jd, club: club, count: dailyClubCount}) as clubStats
order by dates
unwind dates as date
return date,
    reduce(s=0,i in [x in clubStats where x.club='A' and x.date<=date|x.count] | s + i) as `A`,
    reduce(s=0,i in [x in clubStats where x.club='B' and x.date<=date|x.count] | s + i) as `B`,
    reduce(s=0,i in [x in clubStats where x.club='C' and x.date<=date|x.count] | s + i) as `C`

Here is the output for my test data:

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 3.43.08 PM.png

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online