cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

How to downgrade neo4j

fhol
Node Link

Hello,

I get the following error when I try to load a page containing data from a neo4j database in the view:

File "C:\Users\fhol\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\ssl.py", line 1139, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Somebody told me to downgrade to neo4j version 3. However, I don't know exactly what he is referring to and how to do this. Yes, I am a newbie, but please could anyone help me getting this done by telling me how to downgrade neo4j?

I'm using windows 10, neo4j desktop 4.0 and django. Here are my installations:

asgiref==3.2.7
certifi==2020.4.5.1
chardet==3.0.4
decorator==4.4.2
Django==3.0.6
django-neomodel==0.0.4
idna==2.9
lucene-querybuilder==0.2
neo4django==0.1.8
neo4j==1.7.6
neo4j-driver==1.7.2
neo4jrestclient==2.1.1
neobolt==1.7.17
neomodel==3.3.2
neotime==1.7.4
python-dateutil==2.8.1
pytz==2020.1
requests==2.23.0
six==1.15.0
sqlparse==0.3.1
urllib3==1.25.9
4 REPLIES 4

webtic
Graph Fellow

Downgrading you can do in the Neo4J desktop program, stop the database.
Click on the 3dots and select manage; select the upgrade tab and select the correct version.
Alternatively you might want to create a new database with a recent 3.x version and use that for your application.

The first option didn't work as the buttons for lower versions are disabled, the second worked so thank you very much for your time to help!

Glad I could help and thanks for your feedback!

Is there a way to downgrade from v4.2.x to v4.1.x?

In Neo4j Desktop, the downgrade button is disabled and attempting to initialise the database with a v4.1.x instance just seems to yield the below screenshotted error -

Any suggestions or solutions?