cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Gds licensing on Neo4j startup program

djenia88
Node Clone

Hello!
My organization is using Neo4j 4.2.1 Enterprise edition on standalone Centos server with Startup Program, (so we have a licensce key)

Due to using enterprise license, we are have no cores or memory restrictions, (
in general, there are restrictions, but startup program allows to use 24 cores and 256 Gb of ram -
more than enough for us!)

One of the advantages that made us use Neo4j is gds library.

And question is : are any core limitations for using graph algorithms library in our case (if we have enterprise license for Neo4j by startup program wich has no cores restrictions)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes there is a 4 core limitation. The GDS Enterprise license is separate from the regular Neo4j license. If you need more, feel free to reach out with more details on your use-case and use of GDS and we'll see what we can do.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes there is a 4 core limitation. The GDS Enterprise license is separate from the regular Neo4j license. If you need more, feel free to reach out with more details on your use-case and use of GDS and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks!

If you're talking about a 4-core limit for gds, does this mean 4 cores from each CPU?

For example, I have 2 Intel Xeon E5 2440 v2 cpu on my standalone Centos server, 8 cores/16 threads each, limitations allows me to use 4 physical cores from each CPU, or from only one CPU, and if one physical core has 2 logical threads, can I use 4 physical cores, 8 logical threads or only 4 physical cores, 4 logical threads?

Are there any RAM limitations for gds?

4 logical threads, no RAM limitations AFAIK.

4 logical threads from one CPU or both?

In total. It's a threadpool of size 4