cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Cannot connect to DB via python

Hello. I tried to connect to my tests1 db via neo4j and HF accounts using py2neo but when I tried to do this I got the error that says I'm not able to connect to db. Examples below. 

from py2neo import Graph

class BD_interact():
    def __init__(self, protocol, ip_adress, port, bd_name, auth_name, auth_pass):
        self.protocol = protocol
        self.ip_adress = ip_adress
        self.port = port
        self.con_address = f'''{self.protocol}://{self.ip_adress}:{self.port}'''
        # print(self.con_address)

self.bd_name = bd_name

self.auth_name = auth_name
        self.auth_pass = auth_pass

# self.BD_connect()

def BD_connect(self):
        self.graph = Graph(self.con_address, auth = (self.auth_name, self.auth_pass), name = self.bd_name)
        self.con_status = True

print('[ERROR] Connection wasn\'t established! Try to use another port.' if not self.con_status else '[INFO] Connection established!')

return(self.con_status)

def BD_execute(self, query):
        self.response = list(self.graph.run(query).to_table())[0]

return(self.response)

def BD_conncetion_check(self):
        return()

bd_window = BD_interact('bolt', 'localhost', 11003, 'tests1', 'HF', 12345678)
bd_window.BD_connect()

What can I do for fix authorization error? I have no idea.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce your error.  The problem comes from the password: the driver does not convert int to string and seems to send the bad type to the server. To fix your code, just use a string for the password instead of a number:

bd_window = BD_interact('bolt', 'localhost', 11003, 'tests1', 'HF', '12345678')

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce your error.  The problem comes from the password: the driver does not convert int to string and seems to send the bad type to the server. To fix your code, just use a string for the password instead of a number:

bd_window = BD_interact('bolt', 'localhost', 11003, 'tests1', 'HF', '12345678')

Oh, am, alright. I just wasn't think about it. Thanks you a lot!