cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

SDN6 - Projection interfaces with Property Mapping

I am trying to find a way to implement a projection for mapped properties. Following is my code snippets.

Domain Entity

@Data
    @Node("DATspace")
    public class DatSpace {

@Id @GeneratedValue
      private Long neoId;

@Property("SUPtitle")
      private String title;

private String SUPid;
    }

Test Case

@SpringBootTest
@EnableNeo4jRepositories(basePackages = "com.rahal.marvel")
public class ProjectionTest {

@Autowired
   private Neo4jTemplate neo4jTemplate;

interface DATspaceProjection {
      String getTitle();
      String getSUPid();
   }

@Test
   public void test_projection(){
      DatSpace d = neo4jTemplate.findOne("MATCH (s:DATspace {SUPid: $id}) RETURN s", Collections.singletonMap("id", "SPC_ML7"), DatSpace.class).get();

d.setTitle("title modified");
      d.setSUPid("SUPid modified");

DATspaceProjection   p = neo4jTemplate.saveAs(d, DATspaceProjection.class);
   }
}

Ideally above saveAs function should modify both DATspace.SUPtitle and DATspace.SUPid. However it only modify SUPid but not SUPtitle. I presume it is due to property mapping (@Property) . Is this a bug or are there any workaround?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copied from java - SDN6 - Projection interfaces with Property Mapping - Stack Overflow

The provided @Property annotation does only have an impact on the annotated property (title) itself.
There is no knowledge right now that goes from the getTitle() method in the projection to the annotated title field in the domain class.

To be safe when modifying this use the explicit property name:

String getSUPtitle();
    String getSUPid();
}

I created an issue for improvement Respect `@Property` information in projection. · Issue #2371 · spring-projects/spring-data-neo4j · G...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Copied from java - SDN6 - Projection interfaces with Property Mapping - Stack Overflow

The provided @Property annotation does only have an impact on the annotated property (title) itself.
There is no knowledge right now that goes from the getTitle() method in the projection to the annotated title field in the domain class.

To be safe when modifying this use the explicit property name:

String getSUPtitle();
    String getSUPid();
}

I created an issue for improvement Respect `@Property` information in projection. · Issue #2371 · spring-projects/spring-data-neo4j · G...