cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Migrating an "old" GRANDstack project to neo4j 4

pingelsan
Node Clone

After migrating a graph from neo4j 3.5 to neo4j 4.0.1, what are the migration steps in a GRANDstack project that ran with 3.5?
What are the version requirements for neo4j-driver and neo4j-graqhql-js?
With a current "grandstack starter" running against a neo4j 4 backend, I get this error:

"message": "Client network socket disconnected before secure TLS connection was established",

Any ideas?

best regards,
Christoph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_Lyon
Graph Fellow

I think the issue has to do with mismatched encryption defaults in Neo4j and the Neo4j JavaScript driver. In Neo4j 3.5 encryption is enabled by default, but in neo4j 4.0 encryption is not enabled by default.

And in the drivers, v1.7x encryption is enabled by default, but in v4.0 encryption is disabled by default.

So if you haven't enabled encryption in Neo4j then I would try setting ENCRYPTION_OFF in the driver instance:

const driver = neo4j.driver(
  "bolt://localhost:7687",
  neo4j.auth.basic(
    "neo4j", "letmein"),
{ encrypted: "ENCRYPTION_OFF"}
  );

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

William_Lyon
Graph Fellow

I think the issue has to do with mismatched encryption defaults in Neo4j and the Neo4j JavaScript driver. In Neo4j 3.5 encryption is enabled by default, but in neo4j 4.0 encryption is not enabled by default.

And in the drivers, v1.7x encryption is enabled by default, but in v4.0 encryption is disabled by default.

So if you haven't enabled encryption in Neo4j then I would try setting ENCRYPTION_OFF in the driver instance:

const driver = neo4j.driver(
  "bolt://localhost:7687",
  neo4j.auth.basic(
    "neo4j", "letmein"),
{ encrypted: "ENCRYPTION_OFF"}
  );

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

This works, thank you.