cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Is it py2neo dead?

Context

I'm trying to demonstrate neo4j capacities for scientists (from nuclear physic to human sciences).
These people heavily use python, so I try to use py2neo to show the potential.

It works, but there's serious bugs. The github project is asleep, there's no commit from august and a lot of issues.

So the question is :is it py2neo dead ?

I know this is a open source project, based on contribution, and everybody make its best. Thanks to Nigel Small to have created py2neo, it's an impressive work.

Could I recommend py2neo to be a solid tool for scientist ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

It's not dead, it's just resting.

I don't get a great deal of time to work on it these days but the project is still alive as far as I'm concerned.

Happy to read it

If you have time ( Yeap, I just leaved the Christmas buffet for my kids, I'm still in the Santa spirit 🙂 ) could you take a look to https://github.com/technige/py2neo/issues/705, you'll save my day.

I fought with the bare neo4j python driver, and since I love py2neo stronger.

Good evening

Yup.

It looks like the highest priority problem to fix is my having broken the requirements/setup in the last release. I foolishly merged in an experimental branch that brought in requirements for ipython/jupyter and has broken all the things.

I'll look at this as well as your problem over the coming week.

Hi Nigel.
Thanks for the new 4.1.2 🙂
Good evening
Marc.