cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

I cannot connect to a Neo4j AuraDB Instance

I created a Neo4j AuraDB database where I have dumped the movie recommendation dataset. I am able to start and connect to the instance in the cloud. However, when I try to connect to the instance via its API in R Studio, using the neo4r package and the following code

movieDB <- neo4j_api$new(
  url = curl("neo4j+s://0cc45a14.production-orch-0054.neo4j.io:7687"),
  user = "neo4j",
  password = "password"
)

movieDB$ping()

I get the error message in my console Error: Could not resolve host: 7 . Also, when I try to start a graph with the following code

graph <- startGraph(
  url = curl("neo4j+s://0cc45a14.production-orch-0054.neo4j.io:7687"),
  user = "neo4j",
  password = "password"
)

I also get the following error message in my console

Error in function (type, msg, asError = TRUE)  : 
  Could not resolve host: 8

I do not know why the error is happening, as I have previously connected to a Neo4j sandbox instance from within R Studio without any hassle. As always, I will appreciate your helpful suggestions. Thanks!

• R
5 REPLIES 5

You're right. I created the issue here again just to see if any other person had a different idea or suggestion.

We're usually all looking at Discord, Stack Overflow and Discourse.
I understand the need to share your question to a broader audience but in this case, it ends up being counter-productive since it fragments our support efforts.

How can I join Neo4j's Discord channel? Again, is there any timeline for including http support in AuraDB, so that the API can easily be accessed from R Studio?