cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Can we use neo4j 4.0 with PHP?

After playing enough with neo4j alone, I decided to integrate it to my PHP project, and searched for drivers or whatever it is called. The only not abandoned github repository I found, the one called a partner on this forum, stopped development like last year:

The driver does not support Neo4j 4.0 and recent 3.5.x versions.
To reply as it was asked a couple of times already. So far, due to the lack of documentation for driver authors ( lack from Neo4j ), the amount of time needed to upgrade to Neo4j 4.0 is above a reasonable financial limit.
So without a serious effort from Neo4j to bring back at least some documentation, or a company who would sponsor the development of the upgrade ( count ~ $10-15k), we cannot afford to spend the time on this.
Source

So, is there a way to connect to neo4j 4.0 via PHP? I find that worrying that I am relying on a DB I might not be able to upgrade because drivers are not maintained... Does that mean no neo4j's client is using PHP? Or maybe I am worrying for nothing and there is a solution. In that case, I would like to hear it, please.
If not, what am expected to do (what is the latest supported version using what)? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

I would also like to know the answer to this question. I've been trying to get graphaware's neo4j-php-client working with Neo4j 4.0.2, so far without success.

discourse I'd be interested in hearing whether you were able to integrate with your PHP project, and if so, what did you use.

Does someone has any news about PHP driver update for Neo4j 4+?

Hi there, same question here. Our installation runs on Neo4J 3.x with the old Everyman Driver from Adell. This driver doesnt support Neo4J 4.x - so I am forced to change while upgrading the Database to 4.x.

I managed to upgrade our Neo4J database now to 4.1.1 and was looking for anew driver. After a while of searching I found this page: https://github.com/transistive/neo4j-php-client-http-v4.0-support

It sounded promising but I was not able to run the driver, I always end with an "unsupported media" fatal error whenever I try to send a query. So far I have no further idea how to use Neo4J 4.x with PHP and would appreciate any exchange here. I cannot believe that we do not have any driver for the new Neo4J release - must be my fault.

Thank you,
Marcus

Sorry, a quick update. I used the composer to install the driver which brought me back to the old graphaware driver which does not support N40J 4.x - haven't seen this. The owner of the new driver is working on a package for installation and I think this will work then. So we need a bit patience 🙂

Hello, did you try this client GitHub - laudis-technologies/neo4j-php-client: Php client for neo4j database. It's recommended in the neo4j drivers. It's work great with php 7.4 symfony 4.4 ans neo4j 4.2. Home it help

The project has now moved into the Neo4j-PHP GitHub organization.
Please use GitHub - neo4j-php/neo4j-php-client: Php client for neo4j database and report back!