cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Access Remote database subgraph for pagerank algo

Hi, I'm trying to utilize a page rank algorithm on a subgraph of a remote database (https://disease.ncats.io/browser/). I wanted to use the networkx page rank method, but I don't know how to connect the remote database or even just load the subgraph to networkx.

I know you can export graph data to a GraphML file using APOC, but I'm unsure if I can use APOC on Neo4j desktop with a remote database. I also see that the other neo4j library, Graph Data Science, has a page rank algo, but I'm again unclear about how to use it w/ a remote database.

I'd love any suggestions on how to go about this. I'm new to neo4j, so if there's another avenue for using page rank, I'm all ears.

1 REPLY 1

Hi akn35,

APOC is supported in your local Neo4J Desktop app with remote database.

The remote database in question though appears locked down for the type of access you are attempting. I can see from the published bolt endpoint that network redirecting appears to be in place (bolt://disease.ncats.io:80).

I'd suggest approaching the web site/database owner to obtain permission for accessing their remote data.

Regards, Mike