cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Next Step and Contributing for my local community

Hi !

After the certification there is any other program or activity we could do to further connect and contribut to initiatives concerning neo4j ?

Here in Brazil we do not have a lot of online conferences and initiatives, that i am aware, for neo4j in portuguese.
Its possible to be a volunteer to do this here ? There is any process to be able to do it ?

thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you considered taking up the opportunity to host meetups in your area? Obviously the current state of things makes that a tad challenging at the moment, but you can host small events and have people present about use cases and projects. That is a great way to start.

You may be able to connect with others on here that may be in your area too. There is a "Locations" section on the main community page that lists locations where communities are currently present. I did see Sao Paulo listed. Is that near you?

Lastly, I just recommend working on projects, sharing them, and talking to people. I find having conversations about how I am using Neo4j and learning about problems others are facing related to data is a great way to share Neo4j.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you considered taking up the opportunity to host meetups in your area? Obviously the current state of things makes that a tad challenging at the moment, but you can host small events and have people present about use cases and projects. That is a great way to start.

You may be able to connect with others on here that may be in your area too. There is a "Locations" section on the main community page that lists locations where communities are currently present. I did see Sao Paulo listed. Is that near you?

Lastly, I just recommend working on projects, sharing them, and talking to people. I find having conversations about how I am using Neo4j and learning about problems others are facing related to data is a great way to share Neo4j.

Good luck and welcome to the community.

If you have something you would like to share you can also apply to give a presentation at NODES 2020.

Hi @mckenzma !

Thank you for your answer.
I will follow your advices.
I think it may be better to start doing some projects and then moving up to contribute with local (virtual) events.
I will check NODES 2020 too.

Thank you !

Nodes 2022
Nodes
NODES 2022, Neo4j Online Education Summit

All the sessions of the conference are now available online