cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Head's Up! These forums are read-only. All users and content have migrated. Please join us at community.neo4j.com.

Kirsten_Langend
Node Link

Hi,

I have made some typos when creating properties (types) and would like to remove the property types listed in the browser. Is there a command for that?

Also, the schema has some relationships that are not in the graph, but appears in the graph schema. How to clean that up?

I cannot seem to find solution for this documented anywhere - except starting all over again.

br Kirsten

11 Comments
leonard_panichi
Node Clone

Hi,
let me try to answer to what I think are two separate issues: the properties in your browser and the links in the schema.
About the browser :
my experience is that the neo4j browser only display the properties keys and the relationships types that are in your graph. The best way to remove some of them from the left panel is to remove them from your data.
Here is how to remove a property :
https://neo4j.com/docs/cypher-manual/current/clauses/remove/#remove-remove-a-property
Here is how to remove a relationship :
https://neo4j.com/docs/cypher-manual/current/clauses/delete/#delete-delete-relationships-only

About the schema
You said that it "has some relationships that are not in the graph, but appears in the graph schema*.
This is weird and is not supposed to happen.
Have you try running a query to confirm that these relationships are not in the graph ? If so, can you post it here ?

Benoit_d
Graph Buddy

Hi,
Remove a property only works when at least a node have this property. Is it the only solution to recreate one node using all properties to "remove" them? If yes, what is the best way to have a list of all properties?
I made the mistake to delete all nodes before removing their properties. I have now a mess...
THX!

brant_boehmann
Node Clone

The server caches a list of all properties & relationship types that ever have existed on nodes/relationships. I'm not sure if newer versions are different, but at least in older versions, the way to remove those was to perform a store copy using https://github.com/jexp/store-utils

brant_boehmann
Node Clone

Also the functions:
db.propertyKeys() and db.realtionshipTypes() will be of use. Run these before and after the store copy and you should see the properties & relationship types are removed after the store copy.

ahmedhosny
Node

This post explains what is going on very well. It seems a bit counter intuitive to me. But since there will be unused properties anyway (spelling errors and property name changes during schema design and prototyping..etc), I decided to just ignore and not look at it. Making a new graph or copying it into a new one every time this happens is not really feasible.

clem
Graph Steward

It would be really nice if there was an easy way to directly flush unused Labels and Properties.

I'm doing a Proof Of Concept and it's a tad embarrassing having half baked Labels and Properties exposed...

Agreed. It would be really nice to have some helper in the UI to flush unused stuff. Specifically so we don't have to delete and create new dbs.

naijenn
Node

No simple solution for broken unused property keys after 14 years? Seriously???

ponceortiz
Node Clone

Still without solution this issue on neo4j browser ?

miguelvb
Node

Just unbelievable, a so simple feature, basic, I would say. After more than 10 years, and thousands of people asking for that .... ๐Ÿ˜ž

and still no easy solution.